“God Bless my first wife”my second wife of almost 20 years often thanks god for her “breaking me in”. Broken in or not, one thing if we are being honest, most married couples/couples can attest to is, people say Stupid S#%t.
In the 1999 Comedy science fiction movie Galaxy Quest, what looked like a not-so-happy ending for the heroic crew was reversed by the “Omega 13 “, a super-charged time travel device which turns back time, you guessed it, for 13 seconds. Who knew that a prop from a Star Trek spoof would be key to improving a relationship.
The Secret of the Omega 13
When you activate the Omega 13 or what we refer to as “15 Seconds”
When one says “15 Seconds!”,
1. What was said in the last 15 Seconds is immediately drawn into a black hole located ~6 degrees of off The North Star.
2. You are immediately admitting you messed up
3. It allows you a second GO by rephrasing, or simply shutting up and hugging the other person.(Wearing a protective cup may be advised if you choose the hugging approach and your initial blurt was incite-ful vs.”Insightful”)
4. You break the tension in the moment because you start thinking of that ridiculous movie and still are amazed that this crazy tool works.
5. It allows the other person to show mercy.
6. It allows you to laugh
I think the real reason “15 seconds” works is because we both are committed to it working. It’s a sign that when you are both spent and really don’t fell like butting heads, you are both willing to (queue Cher, try not to think of that song) turn back time, and find your way, Together. Peace.